Sunday, April 20, 2008

I don't learn until it happens to me....

So, I don't know about the rest of you gardeners out there, but I have discovered that when it comes to gardening, I have a hard time retaining the "what not to do" advice until I try it and inevitably fail.

For example....do not start morning glory seeds indoors in peat pots before planting them inside. It does not work. My mom told me that, but for some reason, I wanted to try it anyway (this was a couple years ago when I dabbled a bit in gardening). They barely survived for 2 weeks, and then it was over. Well, I can now say that I will never forget that morning glory seeds must be planted outside directly where they are to grow.

I am going to give morning glories another try. I have some "Picotee Blue" seeds to start and I am very excited. Unfortunately, my dog chewed the package (but didn't appear to damage the seeds) and I can't tell which company they are from. I bought them at the Stratford Garden Show and since I bought a bunch of seeds from different places, I just don't know where they came from. I will find out though. It's too early to start them obviously, but I am excited to give them another chance.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I'm the same way. Either I forget the advice, or don't get the advice until AFTER. "oh you never shoulda done that!" Thank goodness for do-overs.